Friday, March 18, 2011

Crytek Embarassing IGN? I think not.

Ok so get this, IGN called Crytek out on the very crappy demo that was distributed over PSN. I've seen it, played it, and sorry Crytek, but graphically, there is much to be desired.

I just read the article from Console Press and they go on to say that Crytek embarrassed IGN. But I feel that Crytek should be embarrassed for releasing such a shoddy demo.

IGN stated:

“The performance of the PS3 version is pretty underwhelming. The framerate is frequently low and choppy. There are jagged lines everywhere, and shadows are especially messy. There’s a muddiness to the graphics that’s hard to stomach in the wake of the PS3′s other flagship showpieces, and worse, the variable framerate really hurts controller response.”

I would have to be in complete agreement with that statement. I wasn't truly impressed with the demo at all. It definitely needed work.

The demo has been pulled from the marketplace and hopefully there will be an updated demo that will address the current issues.

Thoughts?

No comments: